aka my 2012 resolutions.
- READ MORE new BOOKS: I hope to reacquaint myself with the classics, including all those books I had to read in high school, mostly without true appreciation. Because rushing through half a book for tomorrow's literature class is not any way to read. re-reading old favourites doesn't fall under "reading more".
- WRITE MORE: I will buy myself a beautiful journal (this should increase my chances of writing in it) and reconnect with my inner voice. I'll fill my journal with poetry and thoughts (including my views on current affairs, politics and religion) so that many years from now I can look back in pride/amazement/shock/horror/shame at what my life was like. Did I tell you that while unpacking, I found both volumes (yeah, I wrote a helluva lot) of poems written in my late teens to early twenties and thought, "chuffin' heck, I was $%*^& emo!"? Of course I didn't tell you that.
- PLAN MEALS: S and I are in the "rotating through a handful of recipes" camp when it comes to meals; only venturing out of our comfort zone (with mixed success) when supermarket offers dictate. I'm especially keen on spreading my dessert wings, an area in which I oscillate between this, that and t'other. Literally 3 tried and trusted desserts! Embarrassingly.
- CONCLUDE HOUSE DECORATING: This is doable as there's just the hallway to repaint (it seems I am very particular about colours) and the living room to paint. Then I can move on to hanging pictures, making more curtains (Oh, I haven't shown you my first pair yet, have i?) and other finishing touches.
- COMPLETE CRAFT PROJECTS IN A TIMELY MANNER. end of. which brings me nicely on to my next point:
- FIND A ROUTINE THAT WORKS! and stick to it or die trying! No more robbing Peter to pay Paul.
- EXPLORE. We've started doing this and are thoroughly enjoying our adventures and judging by comments received, this is something my blog readers enjoy too.
- GO ON MORE BIKE RIDES. It's been ages since my last long bike ride! In fairness, last summer I was riddled with allergies and poor health in general and so didn't get out much. This year will be different, I hope.
- MAKE 1 PROJECT FROM EVERY CRAFT BOOK I OWN! (not counting stitch dictionaries, reference books and such). I suppose I'd best go count how many books we're talking about here.
So what do you think? Will I manage the lot? Most of it? Some of it? A mere couple (o you of little faith)? Do any of my resolutions coincide with yours? Do you fancy a "resolution-a-long"?